Wednesday 3 February 2010

I am the Proud Owner of a Blog

I have been surprised at how much I enjoyed setting up a blog and have been stupidly pleased that a couple of people have commented on my posts. I suppose it is a bit like keeping an online diary. I am a bit worried about the privacy thing though. Can anyone with a google account read your blog? I suppose you wouldn't use it to pour out your most intimate thoughts and feelings!! I can see how it could be really useful to libraries as a way of keeping readers updated with the lastest news though. Hopefully I will keep up my blog after I have finished 23 things. I think all this web 2.0 stuff could become quite addictive!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree this blogging thing is too addictive! It's so interesting to see our fellow 23 Things Bloggers' thoughts on blogging as well. I think you can change the privacy settings on your blog to super-high, but that would exclude the rest of us from it which would be a shame. Best to keep those most intimate thoughts and feelings away from the Web altogether, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jo - stick with having your blog public, as we are all enjoying reading about each other's progress. If you're worried about privacy, don't publish anything personal. Glad you're getting into the commenting culture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with them ^ ^ ^, there doesnt really seem like there's much point to a blog that no one can read.

    PS glad to add to your happiness with another comment!

    ReplyDelete